Saturday, October 27, 2007

My mom... the slacker AND... The "Castle" Place

I know, I know. It has been for-ev-er since my mom updated my Foodie Baby site. She was really busy growing and having a baby. I have a new sister... but not that new, she is already 8 months old. She is fun except when she gets into my Cars cars or my Thomas trains.


Anyway, my mom is going to try harder to keep up with this. She missed the opportunity to blog about a lot of really great places... especially while we were at Disney.


Last night my mom and dad, Piper, Alex and a bunch of mom and dads friends went to The Village Squire in Crystal Lake. My parents hate this place so I was surprised we were going.


The outside of the restaurant is super cool!









It looks like a castle, doesn't it?

The inside is really cool too. There is a really cool fireplace in the center of the walk-in area and on the weekends, they have a guy there playing the guitar. Cool.

Usually when we go to the Squire, we get a bowl of popcorn. It's always fresh and warm and yummy... but we didn't get any at this visit. Other tables had popcorn but we didn't. Strike One.

I ordered pizza. It was yummy. I ate quite a bit. I also had some of my moms French Onion Soup. I liked that too (she did not like it). I liked everything I ate but no one else at the table had a good meal. That's sad because there were 8 of us.

This is me and my brother Alex waiting for our food.



My parents said that was the last time we are going to the Squire. It used to be my moms favorite restaurant but now she doesn't like it one tiny bit.


I give The Village Squire:

Kid Friendly: 4 out of 5 Smiley Faces

Food: 4 out of 5 Smiley Faces (my mom and dad give it 0 out of 5 very angry faces)


No comments: